Hi Prepperinas! I got back from Florida a little over three weeks ago and since then I have been getting a very positive response to my Lilly Pulitzer binder covers from last year, and because I decided to make them again this year, I’m posting them again for you! If you decide to use them I would much appreciate you giving credit to me, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to perfect these binder covers! To see how I organize my binder, check out last year’s post on binder organization! I also did a Craft Preppy last year on how to personalize your pencils a little bit with Lilly Pulitzer prints, you know I’ll be doing that for this year’s binder covers as well!
Just like last year I’m posting both the binder covers I made with my subjects, AND the blank binder covers that you could fill in yourself! Here’s how you enter in your own subjects.
1) Save the picture to your computer.
2) Go to my favorite photo editing website PicMonkey.
3) Click on edit photo and select the binder cover you saved.
4) Go to the text button on the left hand side of the website to select your font, color, and size! Don’t forget to center the font so your binder cover looks nice and even. 🙂
5) After you are done with your font, press save at the top of the screen to save the binder cover to your computer and potentially rename it. For example, if I downloaded the blank Lilly Pulitzer Lobstah Roll binder cover and had Science as the text I might save it to my computer as “Lilly Pulitzer Lobstah Roll Binder Cover BLANK”, and after editing it with the text “Science”, save the new version as “Lilly Pulitzer Lobstah Roll Binder Cover” or as “Lilly Pulitzer Lobstah Roll Science Binder Cover”. Make sense?
Okay that’s enough of the directions, here are the binder cover I did for the 2014-2015 school year!
For the front of my binder, I used Lilly Pulitzer First Impression
This year I did add a monogram to the front and I think it’s so cute! I’ll do a Craft Preppy for this soon!
I couldn’t decide if I wanted First Impression or Lilly Pulitzer A Story Written in the Sun for the cover, so I also did a monogram one for A Story Written in the Sun!
I used Lilly Pulitzer She She Shells for French! I absolutely adore She She Shells. Did anyone see the Tate Skirt or the Little Delia Dress in it? They were adorable!
For AP Prep Bio, or Biology, I used Lobstah Roll. I figured that the lobsters were animals and because biology is the study of living things it kind of tied in, right?
For English I decided to use A Story Written in the Sun. Lilly Pulitzer never made clothes in this print but it was the overarching print for Resort 2014, I love it!
For Math I used Lilly Pulitzer Hotty Pink Lemonade. I love the Delia Dress in this print, plus Lilly Pulitzer redid their jeep in this print! I couldn’t decide if I wanted to use Hotty Pink Lemonade or Lilly Pulitzer Mojo for Math so I made both!
LILLY I’M CURRENTLY LOVING
how do i get it to not be small in word? when i try and make it bigger it gets blurry????
Hi Carly! I usually don't edit or copy my covers into Word. Instead I print them directly from my photos. The binder covers do get a little blurry when enlarged. I didn't realize this when writing these posts. I will be uploading the 2015 covers tomorrow at 10 central time and they will have an adjusted size that should be clearer! 🙂 Thanks for reading TPB!
What is the font you used on PicMonkey to get yours? I want to use that one..
Hi! You can see exactly how I monogram my binder covers including the font by checking out this post! http://thepreppyballerina.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-i-monogram-my-lilly-pulitzer-binder.html
How do you make binder spines to go with these covers?